My Divine Purpose

purpose

Good Friday Morning, everyone.. This week flew by, but then again at my age the days do fly past. all but January and February for some reason. The coldest months here in Alabama, and they drag on for days and days it seems.Spring/ Summer is my favorite seasons, although I was born in December I do not like Winter at all..  Over the years I have tried and tried to embrace Winter, for it’s peaceful rest and stillness. It’s a little bit better, but I still look forward to each new Spring. Just a bit about me, I am 57 a Mother of two boys, ages 36 and 30. A wife to Mr Shabby, over well over 30 years. And a Nana to three wonderful grandchildren..  I’ve always had a heart that felt others pain, and had empathy for those around me. But, it wasn’t until I got older that really I understood what it was that God wanted me to do. You know, our purpose for being here. Our purpose in this life here to me, isn’t for ourselves. But finding that purpose, our gifts, and then giveaway them ALL away to those in need.

Have I always been understanding of  others, nope. As a matter of fact I use to complain years ago, Lord why do you put these people I do not know in my path? I have my own problems, I don’t know them from Adam, what is it that you want from me??  Yep, I sure did, it bothered me and I didn’t like it at all to be honest.. I was all about ME!! It was about the time I started this page that it hit me one day, God said , Debbie, I send them your way because all of your sorrow, and  trials, and blessings I gave to you, to share with those that need to hear a word of Hope, inspiration. Many times the Lord said to me I have placed angles in your path to comfort you in your times of distress. Now, it’s time for you to “Listen” “Share” and show some “Love” and “Hope” do not Judge, least you be Judged Debbie. For the world is filled with those in need, and those to comfort. I tell you, when I finally got it, I was on it.. I could not wait for those folks I had complained about about to the Lord for years to come my way, again. This time my heart was right with the Lord, and I was ready for the challenges he had been preparing me for all those years. Do you know what gifts our Lord God has given to you? what your purpose is, here on this earth. Each one of us are given gifts (talents) a purpose in this life. Don’t go looking for it, trust me it is right in front of you, just open your HEART! If will come to you, and you will say oh my goodness, I had NO idea!

Sometimes when we struggle with our own identity, and in my younger years I did, for a couple of reasons. I have shared those here on my blog, we allow others to run over us, treat us in ways that are not acceptable.. But, when we finally get to where God needs us to be, the respect comes out of know where, and we learn what is now acceptable is all we will stand for.. I think it takes some of us longer to see what the Lord has planned for us, because we are allowing things around us to take place that are not acceptable for so many reason.. Once we realize our true worth, and what God feels about us, mighty things happen, and changes take place. I now know that the Lord has a plan for me, that I have a heart that cares, and wants to help others. That I am a child of God, and he is my heavenly Father, my provider, and my guide through this journey, the one we call LIFE. Blessings to each one reading this, I hope that you find your path, and stay on it..

~Debbie~

Comments

1. Valerie Priest says:

Thank you for sharing….I really like how you expressed what is so true in our lives.

• Valarie, thank you. God is good, all the time. It is us that get’s sometimes lost huh.. I’ve been there so many times, but I finally see things from a different view.. A nicer view

Debbie

2. Sandee Sutter says:

Good Morning Debbie…..Very nicely written………..I am a 71 yr old Great Grandmother and mother of 4 beautiful children ages from 42 to 52………….Three boys and one daughter……I love ready your blog….following your postings and feeling as though I have another friend out there somewhere….Lots of days are not easy any longer when you are not able to work….live on such a small fixed income….but when I follow people as yourself….I feel even more blessed each day that I awake and turn on this ole computer…..I have always been the person to smooth the waters….calm the storms…..and that has been my worth…..I have never had much….but in reality…I have had SO much…..and still do…..anyway…once again…thank you for being you and being here……….God Bless and have a fantastic week end…♥

3. johnny harke says:

You are such a caring and generous individual. You give of your time. You share your thoughts and feelings. You inspire others through the way you live. You bring peace and a break from the daily hardships of life and living.

• Johnny, thank you, I am a caring spirit. For years it got me into trouble. Until I gave it to the Lord, and now I don’t rush so into things unless I feel right about it.. He let’s me know.. Have a wonderful day

Debbie

4. Robin Helm says:

Thank you for sharing with us about your life journey, Debbie. Isn’t it interesting to look back at how God’s hand was on our lives all the time, even when we didn’t feel His presence? I, like you, can see His work in every area of my life, and I’m so thankful for it.

I’m glad to have you as a Christian sister.

5. Linda Russell says:

Debbie, you have the gift of mercy. Not the gift most people want, to be quite frank.I can say that because I also have the gift of mercy. I can be sitting in a fast food place and someone will come sit beside me and begin telling me their troubles. Soundfamiliar? Yes. It is stamped on our foreheads. I have followed you for a while and I can tellthat it stings when people are hateful and unduly critcal. That is because you have a heart for people. You really want to please them. When you try so hard to help and then someone is nasty, it hurts. But you won’t give up, you won’t quit because you are good, kind and loving toward people in general. You will continue to be hurt every now and again by rude and uncaring individuals. To be ugly myself I will just say some people are just plain stupid. No nice way to say it. Something I have learned in this long life I have lived. So keep being sweet. Keep being Debbie. There are rewards to be had. You will reap them.

• Oh Linda, in so many ways you are correct. I love to make people feel better, inspire them. I have learned not all are kind, some will even be nasty. And I know that 99% of the time it isn’t personal, yet their need to be in control, or unhappiness ect.. I love people, and you are so right, this gift is not easy by any means of the word. I can be rewarding, but also exhausting.. But, it’s just what we are born to carry out. Have a wonderful weekend.

Debbie

6. Debbie, you certainly do know your wonderful purpose in life. What a gift… and you are a gift to us all! Love you!

7. Kimberly jones mccall Black says:

JUST WANTED TO TELL U I KNOW WHAT U MEAN ABOUT THE DREARY MONTHS OF JAN““FEB, MY DAD, GOD BLESS HIS SOUL, USED TO SAY THAT ALL THE TIME…..AND I WOULD FEEL LIKE I NEEDED TO DO SOMETHING FOR HIM TO MAKE HIM FEEL BETTER……….FINALLY IT HIT ME,….I WAS “THERE” FOR HIM TO BE ABLE TO SAY THAT TO ME…..I WAS “THERE”, THAT WAS THE BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD REALIZING THAT…..ANYWAY, ON SUM OF THE NOT SO SUNNY DAYZ, I’M GLAD UR “HERE”, TO INSPIRE ME….AND ALL THE OTHERS THAT NEED IT………………………………JUST, ….THANKYOU :? )

8. Linda Walker Tapp says:

Your wise words remind me of some things I read recently. I’m also a slow learner, and I am also struggling with health problems that slow me down way too much, currently. But your thoughts about service and the joy of helping others, of being God’s hand as his “angel” here on earth, so to speak, really hit home with me. I have also felt the blessing of “angels” sent from God to watch over and protect me in times of distress, both “angles” living here on earth, and also “angels” sent from those who have yet to come to earth, and also those who have gone before. . . . . . .. . Thank you so much for your blog!

“For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.”
    — Psalms 91:11, Old Testament, Holy Bible

“Lovest thou me? Feed my sheep.
    — John 21:17, New Testament, Holy Bible

“. . . . And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your Hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.” — Doctrine & Covenants 84:87-88

“Walk with Me” — Moses 6:31-34, The Pearl of Great Price

” . . . and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light; Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in . . . .”
    — Mosiah 18:8-10, The Book of Mormon

“You are here on earth for a divine purpose. It is not to be endlessly entertained or to be constantly in full pursuit of pleasure. You are here to be tried, to prove yourself so that you can receive the additional blessings God has for you. The tempering effect of patience is required”
    —-Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Seventy

“And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, heopeth all things, endureth all things. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for chairty never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail — But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him. ”
    — Moroni 7:45-47, The Book of Mormon

“And lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world”
    — Matthew 28:20. New Testament, Holy Bible

” . . . . And the angels ministered unto Him.” —- Mark 1:13, New Testament, Holy Bible

9. Theresa says:

Thank you for sharing what is on your heart and for sharing your faith, home and life with us!

10. What a blessing I received while reading your post! I think many of us bloom later in our lives and realize the time we wasted. I am so glad God is patient with us! ~Blessings~ to you Debbie and may God continue to bless you and lift you up on his wings of love!

Charles.

11. Debbie, I am so surprised and pleased that I stumbled on this post of yours today! You have eloquently put into words the transformation that God had been working in my life. I have a Blog. I try to always keep God in it. It isn’t always easy when we want to see success. But, I have since redefined what success looks like to God and those who know Him. So, I still enjoy posting my little projects, but with more of a purpose and less of a desire for numbers. On my blog’s facebook page, I often share scripture and words of hope and encouragement, both for myself and all who will read and I am always so pleased when I look at the number of views on a certain post, that God always wins!! He draws the largest number of viewers both in my life and on my blog. Yeah God! I always smile at the work He is doing in such peculiar places. Thank you once again for sharing your relationship with Him!
    Many Blessings to you and yours,
    ~Theresa

12. Carolyn Hawkins says:

Thank you for sharing your story. I, for one, believe, solidly, that God puts people in your life for a reason. I am in awe of this and always wonder what I am to learn from this person and what can I share. You were so honest which is inspiring to be sure, but is heartfelt at the same time.
    The fact you/I/we all made it through difficult times is truly a gift in itself, but it is more of an honor to share it with others when you can.
    Like Sandee, I don’t get out due to chronic pain, but I still can share my experience, strength, and hope with others here. Who would ever think God would provide this type of avenue? He does!!
    Thank you for what you wrote…loved every word!